Monday, August 11, 2008

when donkeys fly!!

I don't like taking medicine. It's not natural. I can feel the codeine kicking in but I'm fighting it. The coughing has diminished and I'm delirious. We have a snake living under our porch, a rather large one at that. My mother wants to chop its head off with a hoe. I say let the poor thing live. It's not hurting anyone (yet, my mother says). I like all God's animals except spiders and cockroaches (which I'm okay with so long as they don't crawl near me), so if they kill it, I hope they don't tell me about it. I cried when I hit a raccoon with my car. I should join PETA. Except I like Chick-fil-a...this presents a problem....

I want to move in next Monday. Fingers crossed. If so I'll have several days of solitude in my nice, big room of West 204. Oh, the joy. Please, Cam, have mercy. Find my reasons adequate for your approval.

So, I'm going to be a teacher. I hope they like me, all those kids. I hope I'm their favorite teacher. I'm going to sit up at night, thinking about ways to inspire them to love learning, praying for their futures. I can't wait. It'll be like having 30 children all at once. Only I won't have to worry about feeding and clothing them. Well...

Maybe I'll end up teaching at Davis Elementary, right across the street from the Lancasters/my future house. That would be perfection. Work, home, church - all on the same street. Love all around. Beautiful.

I miss the Simple Way. And Pastor Joe. And church being real, people getting EXCITED about Jesus. (Speaking of, I have a few words coming in the very near future concerning the question that has been burning on my mind as of late: why in the world are people NOT excited about Jesus? Helloooo...what are we doing in church? Are we sleeping?) If ever I move away from Jackson, and it's not to Greece, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Cornerstone Community Church here I come!

God's not dead - NO! He is alive! God's not dead - NO! He is alive! God's not dead - NO! He is alive! I can feel Him in my hands, I can feel Him in my feet, I can feel Him in my heart, I can feel Him in my soul - GOD IS ALIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment