Tuesday, August 12, 2008

i'm desperate for you.

I need to get a few things off my chest.

I want to be part of something real. Something alive, that lives and moves and has its being in Christ alone. She loves, she gives, she hurts, she struggles, she weeps, she laughs, she dances, she falls and she rises again and again. She questions, she challenges, she longs for more. She is not content to go with the flow and drink her caramel macchiatos and watch Sex and the City and wear Polo and let life wash over her and change her until she no longer thinks but only consumes like so many others. No. She dreams, she has a vision. A vision of what it would look like if God would answer her cry for his kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven.

I'm tired of fake. I'm tired of shallow, meaningless, fleeting, chasing after the wind. I'm tired of wasting time, finances, intellect, words, enthusiasm....on things that have zero eternal significance. I'm sick and tired. Just sick and tired enough to give it up. To start taking God at His word.

Take God at His word. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly" (Colossians 3). God's word dwells, it is alive. "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart" (Hebrews 4).

God's word is deep....it goes to the very depths of who I am. In a world of skin-deep and superficial, aren't we all desperate for that? I long for that. It judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. I need that. In a world full of opinions, with my human heart in the condition it is ("deceitful above all things"), God's word is soul-shaking truth that divides soul and spirit, demands change. He loves me. Way too much to leave me the way I am.

Something deep, real, and alive. Just what I've been searching for. And it's sitting on my bedside table. It's settling down on my heart.

I know You're alive, You came to fix my broken life. And I sing to glorify Your holy name, Jesus Christ. Fire, fall down, Fire, fall down, on us we pray...Show me Your heart, show me Your way, show me Your glory!!

1 comment:

  1. Reading this, I could have sworn I wrote it. Seriously. I share your sentiments. Every last one.

    And I love you. We must work on this whole hanging out/being open and real and vulnerable to one another thing this semester. I would love that.

    ReplyDelete