Monday, November 22, 2010

in me you may have peace.

As I sit on my front porch, the air is perfectly cool, the crickets chirp and the wind rustles the leaves, and in spite of all the thoughts stirring in my head and the burdens heavy on my heart, I feel peace.

Peace because I know my life is headed towards something oh-so-good.

Peace because I know there is one who walks with me into the uncertainty of each day ahead, for he promised never to leave or forsake me.

Peace because I've seen enough to know that I can trust you with my life, my whole life.

Peace. Your peace surpasses all human understanding. And I think it really sets you apart from the rest. No one else can put me so at ease. This is real, right here.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid....I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - some of the greatest words of comfort ever spoken (John 14:27, 16:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment