Wednesday, September 3, 2008

in your anger...

...do not sin.

truth spoken over my life by someone who hardly knows me. met her at lunch today. i feel like she's already gotten to the heart of the matter....which blew me away. i'm positive she's real. how refreshing.

so i can't walk away from this. i'm beginning to see that this is what God wants from me. it's just never been this hard before. i don't want to be the one for this job, God. why, Lord? it's painful. i'm tired of hurting.

amy would say that Jesus hurts every day. weeps every day. has a broken heart every day.

and if i'm getting to know His heart, then i should be hurting, weeping, and brokenhearted also.

it's often easy to focus so much on the joy that comes from walking with the Lord that i convince myself that's all there is. whenever i get to that point, though, i'm not really walking with my Jesus. this faith He requires of me is heart-wrenching, knee-buckling, stomach-turning, consuming my whole life.

God answered some major prayers today. i am so amazed. PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!

keep working, Jesus, for your glory and no one else's. Jesus just move, Holy Spirit blow and ignite the fire and consume all that isn't You and leave us all burning, God, burning for You. make it impossible to live without You. God i want to pant for you like a deer pants for water. Jesus you are amazing. i stand in awe of You more every day. You blow me away. oh, Jesus, no words could express....i'm overcome....

No comments:

Post a Comment