Monday, November 7, 2011

no turning back.

From this point forward, there's no turning back.

When God speaks to us, when He gives us a vision, we have two choices: listen and obey, or ignore it and walk away.

God broke my heart for the children of Anse-a-Pitre, Haiti, and the choice for me is crystal clear. I will follow Him there.

I have hesitated to share my heart for Haiti with many people, because I was afraid of their response. I was afraid they'd tell me I'm crazy. That what I want to do is impossible. That it will never work, what with the American economy the way it is, people couldn't support something like this even if they wanted to. That I should just stay here, do something easier - because Haiti is a hot, dangerous, underdeveloped country with none of the comforts I am used to here. That I don't have the skills or experience needed to run a children's home. And on and on and on.

I cannot say I am not afraid - I am terrified. While my heart longs to see this vision become a reality, at times the doubts are overwhelming. But they all stem from insecurities I have about myself. When, oh when, will I truly learn that it is not about me? If I were trying to move to Haiti and start a children's home in my own power, with my own resources, by my own wisdom, through my own strength - well, I hope that someone would try to stop me. But I am so thankful that my limitations do not limit our God in the slightest. I will cling to His promises and trust in His grace to provide everything I need to do His work so that the people of Haiti can know His love for them!! May His name be lifted high!!

"But he said to me,“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment