Tuesday, June 9, 2009

school gets in the way

of me doing things that are really important. at least i think this sometimes. college has been great for me and helped me grow in a lot of ways. but it would be nice to be able to look forward to more time to just BE with people and LOVE them. it's going to be so tough to do when i am trying to study and write papers and all that nonsense. Lord, help me.

i love jackson. living downtown is one of the best things that's happened in my life. i have some great stories already....more on that soon!

today i had a breakthrough with one of the girls in my class at mission first. kiara is a tough cookie....it's been really hard for me to connect with her. we had a heart to heart in the hallway and the Lord asked me to pray for her before we went back in the classroom. when i said amen and looked up she had tears streaming down her face. i think her heart and mine both softened a little this afternoon. it was good, really good. :)

tonight we prayer walked and we stopped by carolyn's house. carolyn, whose name i thought was curly the first time we met because she was so drunk she couldn't talk. carolyn had a breakthrough today too....as miss amy prayed over her she began to cry. we told her that God loved her in spite of her mistakes, and she said, "i know. i just need to learn to love myself." wow. tomorrow i'm going back to visit her and her mom, berta mae, and take them some cookies. i am praying the visit goes well and that the Lord speaks through me to encourage them.

i need so much more of Jesus. i can't do anything for them without Him. fill me up, Father....

No comments:

Post a Comment